Position: Licensed Dental Hygienist
Office Location: Jordan, MN
Position Hours: Full- or part-time hours available, Monday – Thursday
- Deliver direct care to patients according to established dental hygienist procedure.
- Perform routine treatment procedures such as prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, etc.
- Assess dental condition and needs of patients, using screening procedures to include medical history review, x-rays, dental and perio charting.
- Provide perio therapy treatment as needed.
- Administer local anesthetic or nitrous oxide sedation as needed.
- Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment.
- Professional and courteously manage patients during dental procedures.
- Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
- Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
- Develop and implement individualized dental care plans.
- Perform patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of staff dentists.
- Assist in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required.
- Prepare reports and assist as needed/directed with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage and other office duties.
- Be cooperative, helpful, and a positive role model with dental assisting and/or hygiene student rotations.
Benefits: This position offers a sign-on bonus and full benefits. This position is also eligible for the National Health Service Core Scholarship program (NHSC).
- Diploma/degree in Dental Hygiene and holds a current registration/license in Minnesota as a dental hygienist.
- Proven ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontal and associated conditions and pathology in dental patients.
- Abide by ethical standards of licensing board.
- Experience working with a diverse population of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.